To ensure frequent visitations in a family-friendly environment while providing mentoring, supportive services and educational opportunities to accelerate healthy family reunification.
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The Family Visitation Initiative serves to create meaningful family friendly visits on a more frequent basis for parents & children working with the Department of Social Services (DSS). Providing more frequent visits at locations other than the DSS offices will allow parents and children to maintain & strengthen their relationships while the parents work on treatment plans developed with DSS.
Often times, parents who are separated from their children feel discouraged about reuniting their families. The Family Visitation Initiative wants to work as a resource for moms and dads by connecting them with supportive services, mentoring and educational opportunities to encourage a speedy and healthy family reunification.
- Frequent Extended Visits
- Healthy Parent/Child Reattachment
- Family Reunification
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
- Parenting Classes
- Budgeting classes
- Soft Job Skills
- GED classes
- Asset building
- Financial counseling
- Advocacy and referrals
- Emergency Assistance
WAYS TO HELP
Become a Family Mentor/Visitation Supervisor
- Get training to observe and document family visitation.
- Work with parents one-on-one to provide feedback about parenting tactics.
Become a Visit Site
- Church or Family Life Center needs to have space for visitation, toys for children to play with or playground.
- A major barrier in providing visitations is getting the child to the parents, $50 will provide enough gas for one child to be transported for one month.
Sponsor Visitation Activities
- Great for Church groups by helping create and supply bonding activities for the parent and child to do during their visit. Open to Creativity.
For more information or to get involved, contact Alex Haymond at 864-226-2273 x136 or email@example.com